special someone with autism

Custom Search

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My son's Autism diagnosis



When  my  son  passed  the  third  year  of  his  age  and  still  did  not  start   talking,  a  local  doctor suggested  that  he  should  be  evaluated  for  autism  since  autism  evaluation   was  not  available  at that  time  we  took  him  to  a  neighboring   state  where  it  is  available.  After  that  we  have  taken him  once  or  twice  a  year    to  neighboring  States  for  a  few  weeks,  to  do  follow  up  evaluation and  give  therapies.  My  son  responds  and  shows  improvement  when  given  therapy  but  we  have not  been  able  to  keep  him  in  any  of  those  institutes  for  a  longer  period. During  these  sessions  I sit  with  the  therapist  and  my  son. I  do  practice  everything  I  learn  from  them  at  home 

  when  we come  back  but  I  have  found  that  he  responds  and  participate  more  easily  when  he  has  attend to  some  place  for  therapy.  He  loves  going  to  school  wearing  a  uniform  but  unfortunately  the local  schools  near  where  we  live  are  not  accepting  children  like  my  son. Their  reason  is  they  do not  have  enough  teachers  and  facilities  I  have  requested  permission  to  let  me  be  his  teacher and  attend  to  school  with  him  but  still  I  haven’t  got  an  approval  yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...