special someone with autism

Custom Search

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My son and his father's connection





When  I  go  through  my  everyday  routine  trying  to  teach  my  son  self  help  and  doing  play therapy  activities.  I have  to  try  many  things  to  get  my  son's  attention  to  cooperate  with me.  My  husband  doesn’t  get  much  time  to  do  any  activities  with  him.  He  only  gets  time during  weekends  and  when  he  does 


 participate  with  my  son  in  any  activity  my  son cooperates  very  well,  he  loves  his  father  very  much  and  he  enjoys  spending  time  with him.  But  I  can’t  make  my  husband  to  participate  as  often  as  I  would  have  liked  him  to because  he  gets  impatient  very  soon   when  he  has  to  do  things  over  and  over  again,  but I  know  my  son  is  trying  much  more  harder  because  he  likes  to  receive  praise  from  his father.  My  son  also  reacts  to  his  father’s  commands  more  promptly,  he  responds  to  me after  I  repeat  twice  or  thrice.  I  do  feel  hurt  that  my  son  has  more  connection  with  his father  than  me  but  I’m  happy  knowing  that  he  knows  to  demonstrate  his  love  and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...